On Tuesday 27th January at 12pm GMT, jobs.ac.uk, the leading global jobs board for academia, are hosting a free 60-minute live video event on the topic of ‘How to be a Successful Digital Academic to Boost Your Career’.
The event, which is being hosted via a #jobsQ Google+ Hangout, will explore how academics, researchers, PhDs and supporting staff can use digital media, such as blogs, apps and social media, to enhance their research and boost their careers.
Participants in the Hangout will hear from a panel of five experts, including Dr Inger Mewburn, Editor of popular blog ‘The Thesis Whisperer’, on topics such as:
- How to blend digital tools into your current work and conferences
- How to manage your time online effectively
- How to write for an online audience
- How to use a blog to increase your public engagement
- How digital networking can enhance your research
- How to effectively use online networking to find collaborators
Participants will also be able to get involved in the conversation by submitting their digital questions via jobs.ac.uk’s Google+ page in the run up to event – or by asking their questions live on the day.
Find out more about the Hangout and register for free here.